Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve (and no sign of snow)

I decided to make a little heart garland. I wanted to use some paper with something typed on it. I decided to use some pages out of an old book. I found this book with a cool cover. I made sure that I wouldn't regret cutting it up later. It looked pretty boring, so I started ripping the pages out and cutting out some hearts. I sewed them all together after I had enough. It was kind of hard, because the needle ripped the paper a lot. I had to throw away a lot of hearts. Anyway, I really liked how they turned out. I think it would be cool to hang them in a tree and use it for a photo shoot. You could have someone further back and have the heart garland up close. I think it would be cool. I didn't have any willing participants to get their picture taken, so I just took pictures of the garland in the tree.

This is the pattern on the cover of the book I used. Isn't it cool? I have it on display on my bookcase even though I've never read it.

 Here are the hearts before I sewed them together. I cut out about 50-70 of them.

 Here's my photo shoot. I used the tree in our front yard. Anyway, I love the shadows it cast on the tree.


 It was kind of windy, so they got tangled. It took like 5 minutes to get one of them tangled. It was crazy. Luckily, the wind died down before I gave up on it. Whew.


Today's Christmas Eve, yet there isn't a sign of snow. The sun is out and the skies are blue. And I'm really mad. This is the second Christmas in a row that we haven't had any snow. We usually have a foot or two. Oh well, I get to spend the next few days with my family. We have our tree up and we have Christmas music playing. We have so many blessings. There are people out there who won't get anything for Christmas. Some of them won't get anything to eat. There are soldiers that don't get to spend Christmas with their families. We are extrememly blessed. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment