Sunday, October 30, 2011

Ahhh.........bread

Last night I had this craving for home made bread. I've always wanted to learn how to make it, but I've never gotten around to it. I've bugged my mom for years, trying to get her to make it, but I didn't have any success. Last night I gave in. I lugged our bread maker out of the basement and figured out how to make a basic loaf. I didn't have enough time to do it last night, or I would have had to stay up late waiting for it to be finished. So, I got up at 6:30 am today (I know. It's crazy to wake up that early on a Sunday morning) to make some bread. I wanted it to be finished before we had to go. Luckily, it was done about an hour before. It was really easy and only took about 10 minutes to throw the ingredients together. When it came out it didn't look the best, but boy oh boy, it tasted great. I am now waiting for another loaf to finish. I'm addicted to this stuff. As you can see below, my family is too. Oh, and the aroma is amazing. It makes your whole house smell like fresh bread. Ahhhh....I love home made bread.



As you can see we quickly polished off the first batch.



Here's a picture of the bread maker we have. It's super easy to use. It comes with an instruction book that has a ton of recipes. Once you throw all the ingredients in, you just push a couple of buttons, wait three
hours, and wah-la! A Delicious loaf of bread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment