Monday, August 6, 2012

diy {headbands}

I've been making quite a few headbands lately, so I thought I'd share the tutorial. They're super easy and super cute!

 You need 3 strips (or 6 if you're doing the double headband) that are 22 inches long and 2 inches wide.
 Safety pin them together at the top and braid the whole length.


 For the elasticness, I used some hair elastics. I used the thinner kind rather than the thicker ones.


 Attatch two elastics together. (shown above)

 Fold the end of the braided fabric over the elastic and sew it on. Make sure not to sew through the elastic.

 This is how it should look like. Then just repeat for the other end.

 You can add another braid for a little different look.

 I love these because they use so many different colors, so they match so much! Cute!

1 comment:

  1. Britt! That is so cute! I will definitely be doing that soon!:) love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete