Monday, July 23, 2012

diy (canvas bag)

I haven't been doing a whole bunch of crafty stuff lately, so I decided to make a new little bag. I got my inspiration from here. I found a canvas bag that we had. The only problem is that it had a big picture printed on one of the sides. I wasn't a fan of the picture, so I just sewed some fabric over it for the back.



On the front I made a little pattern with fabric paint and a paper doily. I cut a circle out of some card stock paper and used the hole that it made. I put the hole on the fabric and then placed the doily inside. I then painted it. I was having trouble deciding what color to do it in, but I finally decided on red.


 I didn't like the pattern all by itself, so I made some rosettes to put in the middle. (tutorial here)

 This is the fabric I put on the back to cover up the unwanted picture.



 I put a little pennant across the top of the bag. I just used embroidery floss to attach it.

 This is the bag before I sewed the pennant and the rosettes on.

 And this is the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment