Friday, November 18, 2011

My Crafters Toolbox (the essentials)

I thought I'd share my crafting toolbox with you. All of my essentials and then a few extras. These are the items I couldn't live without. I use them all the time. You can pick all of these up at your local craft store.

 I use scissors all the time. I'm always cutting or snipping something. I would die without my scissors. I also use my fabric scissors a lot. If you don't have any fabric scissors, I would suggest purchasing some.  You can get fabric scissors at your local fabric store.

This is my crafting tool kit. I use it a lot. I mainly use the hammer, the tool that cuts holes for eyelets, and the tool that helps install eyelets. It's really useful to have around.

 
 Here is a very small collection of my eyelets and brads. I use them quite a bit. They add a little something to whatever you're making. I have a lot of brads and eyelets and I'm using them all the time.

 Here are my hole punches. I have a regular sized one and then one that's quite a bit smaller. The smaller one is nice for brads.
 Ribbon. I use it all the time. This is the tip of the iceberg. I have A LOT of ribbon. I tie it onto everything. If you don't have ribbon, you NEED some. I use it ALL THE TIME. (Sorry about all of the capitalized letters. I just wanted to get my point across.)

 I use my vintage trim all the time. I've used it on a ton of crafts. You're really supposed to dye it, but I was too lazy and I liked the color it already was.

 I have a ton of rub on letters and I use them a lot. They're handy to have around. I also have rub on flowers and thank you's.

 My hot glue gun. Use it all the time. I go through a lot of hot glue. I use it on every craft I do. Seriously. If you do not have one, you are really missing out. You need one. They come in handy all the time.

 I have a lot of punches, but one of my favorites is my corner rounder. It adds a finished look to my crafts. It's also nice for pictures when I'm scrap booking.

My other punches that I love are my flower punches. I have the small and the big one. I like stacking them and putting a brad on.

 Surprisingly, I use shipping tags quite a bit. They have a fun vintage look. You can get them at your local office supply store. They come in handy quite often.

 I love this thing! I'm not sure what it's called, but it's practically two sided adhesive that you can just roll on. It's super easy to use. I attach everything with this stuff. It's really handy and useful. When our local craft store went out of business we bought several refills. Sadly, the refills don't fit out case. We found that we can unroll it, stick the adhesive on, and tear the paper off the back. It's a little bit harder, but I still use it all the time. That's how much I love this stuff.

 I use a ton of markers and pens. They're useful to have around to write on gift tags or thank you notes with.


I use modge-podge a lot. I decorate a lot of notebooks with this stuff. It's very useful. I love this stuff. It's amazing!

 And of course, my paper cutter. I use this thing all the time. It's crazy. I used to have this little wimpy paper cutter, but then I got this. I'm so glad that I did. I love it!

I also use scrap book paper and stickers a lot. Other than that, these are my crafting "essentials." If you don't have any of these items, I would suggest you get some. You'll probably fall in love with them as quickly as I did.

So, do you have any crafting essentials? Am I missing out on any wonderful crafting supplies? If so, please fill me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment